Wednesday, November 12, 2003

a song for heroes

i may be out of touch but i did hear about that little blonde from west virginia... well she might not have been a hero in iraq but looks like she proved to be a hero of truth! good work jessica!!! i see my pal jasmine petal often posting song lyrics, just thought i would do that too... a little ditty from a war gone by but never forgotten... LUANG PRABANG (Dave Van Ronk) When I came back from Luang Prabang I didn't have a thing where my balls used to hang But I got a wooden medal and a fine harangue Now I'm a fucking hero cho: Mourn your dead, land of the free If you wanna be a hero, follow me Mourn your dead, land of the free If you wanna be a hero, follow me And now the boys all envy me I fought for Christian democracy With nothing but air where my balls used to be Now I'm a fucking hero One and twenty cannons thundered Into the bloody pale blue yonder For a patriotic balless wonder Now I'm a fucking hero In Luang Prabang there is a spot Where the corpses of your brothers rot And every corpse is a patriot And every corpse is a hero