Friday, September 05, 2003

anticipation

havent been posting letters. just too personal... plans and stuff. now here i sit on the edge of my seat. it would be a major military miracle if he was actually on his way to frankfurt. the term snafu did originate there did it not? the phone rings this a.m. its a gaijin voice i dont recognize. she asks for me by name. my heart is in my throat. is it an operator patching through a call? noooo. the bank in beantown... i hate that. dont get me all excited like that! its late and i am wide awake. i predict a no sleeper. all the booze in the house would not bring me down tonight. hurry up and wait. i need that elixir of his smoothe voice to calm me. nothing else will work. tonight i care about nothing but us. the world will go to hell in a handbasket whether i care or not. rumi grabs me again: "i, you, he, she, we. in the garden of mystic lovers, these are not true distinctions."